Thunder Chew Bags: Wintergreen (Ultra Strong) - Reviews (Discontinued). 25 May 2018.

NOTE:  This product has been discontinued and is no longer for sale.

It's been a while since I've done a chew bag review, so I figured I would grab one out of the freezer that I haven't done a review of yet. Today, we are talking about Thunder Wintergreen (Ultra Strong) Chew Bags. Wintergreen is a flavor I'm not too fond of, but I know people enjoy it so I review it anyway. The flavor description for this product says, "Thunder Ultra Winter G Chew has a rich long-lasting taste of american wintergreen." This product comes in a 17.6 gram can with 24 portions for 0.73 grams each. It has a total nicotine content of 22mg/g (2.2%), which breaks down to 16.06mg/portion.

I won't go too much into the "chew vs snus" topic, but if you're interested you can check out my video on it that explains more in depth differences. Basically, this is how V2 describes them: "The tobacco leaves are heated and moistened with steam so they can be cut into smaller pieces. The tobacco for Thunder Chewing Bags are pieces cut with a length of between 5 - 50 mm and a width of 0.6-0.8 mm. The bags used are specially designed to be chewed to release flavor and nicotine. It is made from a paper with a special weave which is thicker and much stronger than the type of bag that snus is packed in. Thunder Chewing Bags are also fundamentally different from the other chewing tobacco products on the market by being cut tobacco in small bags while others are made from spun tobacco." What's interesting about these is that they're the original portion version, whereas most chew bags are the white portion version. You can see that they don't look too much different from regular snus. The tobacco inside, however, is the main difference you can see in the picture, as the chew bag tobacco is cut and the snus tobacco is ground. And though it's said that you can chew these bags, I never do.

If you've ever had Thunder Wintergreen Snus (Original Portion) before, this product reminds me a lot of that one. The aroma is a straight up, very present smell of American wintergreen; it smells much like an American wintergreen dip product. The chew bags feel much like regular snus in the lip. I don't chew on them, I just use them like regular snus. The taste is much like the smell, a very present taste of wintergreen. It's much like the flavor you'd expect from an American dip product. It has a light touch of sweetness, but not too much. The nicotine on this one is quite strong. Though it's only 16.06mg/portion, it feels to be a touch stronger than an extra strong snus. The flavor lasts around an hour, which is a pretty good amount of time for an original portion.

If you're into wintergreen and can't get snus but can get chew bags, this is worth trying out.  It's not for me, because I don't like wintergreen, but you may enjoy it. 

Comments