WOW! Summer Honey (White Dry Explosion) - Review. 20 March 2018.

The mega strong nicotine strength category (43mg/g-45mg/g) appears to be growing. Previously, the flavor profile of most of these products was mint. Now, GN Tobacco is looking to change that with WOW! Summer Honey (White Dry Explosion), a honey/citrus flavored snus clocking in at 43mg/g (4.3%) of nicotine. This is an interesting release, because it seems to be the first new release from SPT since they were purchased by GN Tobacco. Some of you may beg fans of the WOW! Sunny Honey product produced by SPT. That one is a regular strength, however.  This release is also just in time for the spring/summer.

The flavor profile of this product says, "WOW! Summer Honey White Dry Explosion Snus has a mind-blowing 4.3% nicotine and doesn't have any mint flavor! Exciting tobacco blend made from hand picked tobacco with warm flavors of honey, lemon and elderflower.” This product comes in a 15 gram can with 16 portions for 0.94 gram portions. The nicotine content is 43mg/g (4.3%), which breaks down to 40.31mg/portion.

I was told this product contains Acacia Honey. I’m no honey expert, but what I’ve been able to find out is that of the 300 types of honey, this is highly regarded as the best. It is the most demanded, and the most expensive on the market. It has a low glycemic index and is “quite suitable for people suffering from type II diabetes”. It helps improve sleep, has a calming effect, stimulates brain activity, purifies the liver, and has a strong effect in treating gastrointestinal diseases. Oh, and it’s a natural source of vitamins and antioxidants.  So apparently, it's Super-Honey.  I'm not sure there's enough of it in a snus portion to do all that stuff, but it's still interesting.

The aroma of this snus is really nice. It’s a very sharp orange/lemon smell with a light floral hint in the background. The portions are the white dry type, but are quite soft for a white dry. They are also very comfortable in the lip. The taste surprised me; in WOW! Sunny Honey I didn’t taste a lot of honey, but in this one, I do. There is a warm honey taste, accompanied by a fresh citrus flavor. The citrus reminds me of fresh orange with a little lemon. In the background there’s also a light floral sweetness. The taste is mostly honey, then citrus, then floral notes. The nicotine is majorly strong. I feel it kick 4 minutes after I put it in, and 8 minutes later my head is spinning. I can’t say how long it lasts, because I can’t keep these in much longer than 20 minutes. I don’t do a lot of really strong snus, to be honest. But, most white dry portions last around an hour to an hour and a half, so I’m assuming it’ll last about the same amount of time.

If you like really strong snus and are tired of the mint flavor, this is definitely worth trying.  It's a bit too strong for me to use regularly, but the taste is fantastic.

Comments

  1. Damn the flavor is very good but the nicotine amount is just crazy.. great Review

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know about these dry ones yet but the regular white portions are delicious.Nice mellow tobacco taste with just a hint of honey and not to sweet. I have at least one a day,first snus of the day every day and I can tell you the nicotine comes on very smoothly,don't really notice it in a bad way at all,just very satisfying and super long lasting.I can have a portion in for 2-2 1/2 hours easy and only ditch them 'cos they get "slimy". I can't wait to try these ones,they might last a even longer!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment