Epok Ice Cool Mint (Strong) - Review. 8 June 2016.

Review Updated:  3 November 2018

It's been a while since I originally reviewed Epok, but it's recently gone through a redesign and I figured it was time to re-review the product line!  When Epok originally launched in 2014, I wasn't a big fan of their products. Their first two, Original and Pinje, launched in April of 2014, followed by Epok Breeze in September 2014.  I wasn't a big fan of those products, and they didn't stick around long, either.  In February of 2015, however, Winnington launched this product along with several others and they've stuck around since then!  At first, I thought white tobacco would be a gimmick, but it's proven so popular it's stuck around, and Swedish Match has even begin making white tobacco products in their G4 line.  It proved so popular, in fact, that BAT purchased Winnington in January of 2017.

The flavor description for this product says, " Epok Ice Cool Mint Slim has a refreshing mint flavor." This product comes in a 16.8 gram can with 24 portions for 0.7 gram portions. The nicotine content is 14mg/g (1.4%) for 9.8mg/portion.

As usual, I had to cut open portions to look at what's inside an Epok portion.  Now, if you're new to Epok, you may be asking yourself what "white tobacco" is. This is how Winnington describes it: "White tobacco is produced in a patented, environmentally friendly process that gently cleanses and refines brown tobacco. In this process, unwanted substances are minimized, such as heavy metals and nitrosamines. The feeling under the lip, nicotine strength and flavor experience is the same as in a regular snus pouch - but without the snus running or coloring your teeth. White tobacco contains white tobacco, nicotine, water, stabilizer and flavoring agents. White tobacco is produced in a water-based process, ensuring the tobacco is clean of all unwanted substances. White tobacco contains no natural sugar. Instead, xylitol is used as a sweetener."


When you open the can, the aroma that greets you is a smooth, lightly sweet, mild smell of peppermint. The portions are slim, white, soft, and quite comfortable in the lip. When I put a portion under the lip I get a mild burn, which gives way to a fresh, cooling presence. The taste is a gentle, fresh taste of peppermint. It is mildly sweet, but not too over the top sweet. The nicotine strength, though only 9.8mg/portion, actually feels quite strong. I'd still place it at the extra strong level, just by feel. The flavor also lasts a long amount of time; I've found on average I can keep these in for 45-55 minutes.

This is a very popular snus, and it makes sense.  It has a good taste, it delivers a solid amount of nicotine, and now it has an even better looking can.  If you like mint snus and want something with a kick, give this one a try!

Comments

  1. Nice, seems like I will like this. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it. This is my go to now. The white tobacco, pouch, and nice long-lasting flavor make this snus outstanding. I don't get as much irritation with these portions as I do other whites because of the material that's used in the pouch. The nicotine onset is pretty quick with this as well, which I also really enjoyed, it has a pretty good kick to it. I recently also got a can of siberia blue white portion. That nic kick is pretty intense, I usually don't last too long before I get the head rush. With this snus, I feel its a couple steps below that but still strong enough to keep me interested in it.

      Delete

Post a Comment