08 June 2016

Epok Ice Cool Mint (Strong) - Review. 8 June 2016.

Ever since I first reviewed Epok Snus back in February of last year, people have been asking, "When will Epok come out with Epok Strong"? Well, your prayers have been answered and Epok has released their first strong snus - Epok Ice Cool Mint (Strong)! There will more than likely be more flavors to come in the strong format, but they're starting with the mint flavor. The product description says, "With a refreshing ice cool mint flavour, accompanied by the natural fruity richness and saltiness of the tobacco. Slim strong portion for the right "kick"."

For those who are just now hearing about Epok for the first time, you may be asking yourself what "white tobacco" is. Epok says, "White tobacco produced in a patented, environmentally friendly process that gently cleanses and refines brown tobacco. In the process, minimizing unwanted substances, such as heavy metals and nitrosamines. The feeling under the lip, nicotine strength and flavor experience is the same as in plain brown pouch - but without the snus runs or color your teeth. White tobacco contains white tobacco, nicotine, water, stabilizer and flavoring agents. White tobacco produced by pure brown tobacco in a water-based process, leaving the tobacco is clean of all unwanted substances. White tobacco contains no natural sugar. In contrast, added sweetener xylitol as flavoring."

When you open the can, the aroma that comes through is a crisp, clean, clear mint smell. It's closer to peppermint than spearmint, but also smells a lot like natural mint. The portions are slim and very comfortable in the lip. Honestly, I haven't had to fluff any of the portions, either. The nicotine content of this one is 14mg/g, and you definitely feel it. It comes on pretty quickly once you put a portion in the lip!  There is a nice cooling sensation you experience when you put the portion in.  The flavor comes on pretty quickly and is a very clean, refreshing minty flavor.  It's close to peppermint in taste, but also reminds me of a natural mint flavor, as well.  If you like minty snus or are a fan of Epok, this is a great addition and one I'd suggest trying out.  I found the flavor of this one better than the Epok Mint I reviewed last year.

3 comments:

  1. Pls make a video for this one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, seems like I will like this. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it. This is my go to now. The white tobacco, pouch, and nice long-lasting flavor make this snus outstanding. I don't get as much irritation with these portions as I do other whites because of the material that's used in the pouch. The nicotine onset is pretty quick with this as well, which I also really enjoyed, it has a pretty good kick to it. I recently also got a can of siberia blue white portion. That nic kick is pretty intense, I usually don't last too long before I get the head rush. With this snus, I feel its a couple steps below that but still strong enough to keep me interested in it.

      Delete